The Adverse Child Experiences Study
Discusses the ACE study results that link childhood trauma to long-term health and social consequences.
Child Welfare Information Gateway
A family-centered practice providing resources for professionals on the safety, permanency and well-being of children and families. Information on child abuse and neglect, preventing child abuse and neglect, responding to child abuse and neglect, and supporting and preserving families.
Pennsylvania Children’s Trust Fund
CTF is dedicated to funding community-based programs to prevent child abuse and neglect; the website contains news and updates, and additional information and resources.
Pennsylvania Family Support Alliance
- Front Porch Project (American Humane Association curriculum) – how the community can get involved in ensuring children are safe
- Mandated Reporter Training for school personnel, clergy, social service workers
- Statewide Child Abuse Prevention Month activities
- Resources for parents/Family Support programs
- Resources for staff/affiliates
Prevent Child Abuse – Pennsylvania Chapter
- Only PCA chapter in the nation housed in a state AAP chapter
- Public awareness and promotion of resources
- “Quick Tips” on calming a crying baby, parenting tips and safe sleep for your baby
- Mandated Reporter information
- One Kind Word program
- Statewide Child Abuse Prevention Month activities (Pinwheels for Prevention)
Resilience Trumps ACES
Children’s Resilience Initiative from Washington State; explores how building resilience in children can help them to overcome trauma and adverse experiences.
SCAN – Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect
Mandated reporter training for medical personnel; crying cards.